Victoria is a town in the western part of Braşov County, Romania, near the Făgăraş Mountains. It has a population of about 10,900.
In 1939, the Romanian state signed a contract with the German company Ferrostaal of Essen to build a factory (called "Ucea") in place of what is now Victoria. The contract was canceled after Romania declared war on Germany in 1944, during WWII.
The building of the town began in 1949 and it had the provisional names of "Colonia Ucea" and "Ucea Roşie" (Red Ucea), only to be changed in November 1954 to Victoria.
citiesBraşov CountyCities in Romania